"Showdown at the Strand" is now published

Axe versus whale rib. Sword versus blubber. “Showdown at the Strand” is a retelling of one of the Icelandic sagas using American Western motifs. I wrote this story in honor of the heritage of my Icelandic horse Blessi. I planned to re-enact hunting stranded whales in Iceland by horseback around 1020 AD in a Society for Creative Anachronism event. But something happened so I wrote this story instead.

Chris Herron created an amazing podcast out of this story.  You can listen to the whale of a tale at Tall Tales TV, which was one of the finalists for a 2018 Parsec Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Comment - Retribution of the Deadwooders

  There is a twitter posting about the newly published Undead , a collection of horror short stories from Planispher Q publishers.  My "...